Position Vacant: Project Officer – Capacity Building
Title: Project Officer – Capacity Building
Employer: Community Resource Network (CRN) Inc.
Work Type: Part Time (21 hours per week)
Status: Fixed Term to 30th June 2017
Award: Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 (SCHADS)
Grade: Grade 5
Community Resource Network (CRN) Inc is a Sub Regional Peak that is a Sector Development Organisation. The principal purpose of CRN is work with organisations that work in the Western Sydney area to directly alleviate poverty and distress suffered by economically and socially disadvantaged communities. CRN aims to achieve this purpose by:
- Building the capacity of service providers to work together on issues affecting disadvantaged communities.
- Enhancing the level of engagement of vulnerable and disadvantaged communities.
- Strengthen the voices of disadvantaged communities by representing their views.
- Provide information and resources on community projects, programs and networks assisting disadvantaged communities and vulnerable groups.
We are looking for a suitably qualified person to join our Team as the Project Officer-Capacity Building. This person should meet the following requirements:
- Service system capacity building.
- Service system accountability.
- Service system connectedness and resourcing.
- CRN capacity building.
- Implement Community Resource Network’s Strategic Plan.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with CRN’s stakeholders.
- Maintain CRN’s ‘watching brief’ on public policy developments relevant to its target communities and service outcomes and drive the organisation’s advocacy agenda by active contributions to the ‘critical debate’ around these issues.
- Undertake project management responsibilities consistent with achievement of organisational objectives.
- Ensure compliance with legislative, industrial and organisational policy within the scope of the Project Officer’s position.
- Project administration.
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated high-level facilitation skills
- Demonstrated high-level relationship building and relationship management skills
- Demonstrated strategic planning skills and capacity to engage diverse stakeholders in innovative responses to identified issues
- Demonstrated high-level organisational, time-management, administrative skills
- Understanding of the human services system and the issues confronting small-non-government service providers within that system
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent spoken, written and cross cultural communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice
- Drivers’ license and use of comprehensively insured vehicle during working hours
- Demonstrated understanding of public policy development processes and capacity to analyse and respond
- Demonstrated understanding of WH&S legislation and an employee’s responsibilities under the Act
- Research and consultation skills
- To be able to use Microsoft software, including Office packages.
- Understanding of community development principles and practice
- Understanding of the geographic areas that CRN works in and their social issues.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in social sciences or related fields.
To apply, please send a letter covering the criteria listed above, along with other relevant information. Please include a resume of your previous work and experience.
Send your application by:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (using the subject line: Project Officer – Capacity Building) or
- Post: Position Vacant – Confidential, CRN, P.O. Box 149, Plumpton NSW 2761.
Applicants will be notified by the end of January 2017, if they will be interviewed, or not. CRN is closed until the 23rd January 2017, therefore, will not be able to respond to any questions in relation to this position until after this date.