- This event has passed.
The Hills Community Conference 2017
October 18, 2017 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pm$35
The Hills Community Conference is an annual one-day event connecting and supporting communities across The Hills Shire.
This year’s conference aims to help organisations and services tackle complex and changing environment and create large-scale impact through meaningful and purposeful collaboration. This conference will equip you with tools and resources to help your teams carry out effective collaboration that brings tangible and sustainable outcomes.
The Conference is designed to facilitate knowledge on:
- Advocacy and strategic input and advice to government about community issues and the organisations that support them;
- Sharing information and research around building capacity and optimising resources;
- Building relationships with key stakeholders to develop a cross-sectoral response to address issues relating to The Hills Shire;
- Identifying potential pathways and referral options for communities of interest; and
- Providing best-practice examples/models for work and professional development.
Tickets cost $35.00 per person and includes; morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea, parking, all materials and booking fee.
For more information about this conference including the program and guest speakers, visit The Hills Shire Council website.
The Hills Community Conference is aimed at community and cultural development workers, carers, youth and community volunteers, Councillors, CEOs and directors of not-for-profit organisations, managers, Council employees (working in community and economic development), community groups, youth workers and community stakeholders.